This is a full-time position providing support to government program and project managers. Provide and update Microsoft training resources (booklets) and hands-on training. After onsite interviews and observing workplace practices, build a resource book tailored for use of Microsoft project 2010, to include related practice tests and one-on-one training.
Have experience in work breakdown structures and earned value management. Review current work practices to build and update a business process resource booklet that provides step-by-step explanation with screen shots for how to manage projects and resources. Tailor a work breakdown process, capturing activities and associated people and resources (ie, travel) and project task deliverables that are electronically shared, edited, reviewed and approved.
Look at departments and help define a repeatable and logical sequence of project management across individual departments.
Provide onsite support for MS Project initiatives. Assist the Government MS Project Resource Manager as may be required.
Support, train and assist in current program initiatives.
Training may be a one-on-one setting or as a group.
Some of the related tasks described above may include:
- Creating a project plan that is exportable, edited with notification to unique members across a command
- Recommend, establish timelines for Phase II tasks to incorporate government and military personnel resource management
- Exporting reports for managing funding and resources (time and travel budget)
- Custom report generation, processes update/refinement, etc
- How to consolidate and split projects across department primarily using the Microsoft Project 2010 Application.
- Receive task/deliverable submissions from Departments for inclusion into the Master Task/Deliverable Project.
- MS Project WBS troubleshooting and help desk support
Work samples desired with resume.
Travel: No travel required.
Clearance: This position will require a government Secret Clearance.
This is an immediate vacancy. Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience.